Boost your immunity, slash anxiety and give your heart a helping hand with these quick calming strategies
1. Cycle this many times a week for 20 minutes. You’ll reap a massive release of the feel-good hormone serotonin. Source: Northwestern University.
2. The number of laughs you need a day to lower your blood pressure. Jump on YouTube next time you have five minutes. Source: loma Linda University.
3. Banter with your colleagues for just 2 minutes – it can increase your levels of bacteria-fighting white blood cells. Source: Washington University.
4. Taking work home with you can increase your chance of heart disease by 20 times. Keep it to once a week at most. Source: Johns Hopkins University.
5. Pop to the pool for a swim for this many minutes to give yourself a mini endorphin rush. Any stroke will do the trick. Source: University of Hull.
Credits to: Alice Palmer 10 July 2013